Thursday 13 February 2014

My sewing blackboard and vintage sewing pattern pledge

Hello! Anybody out there?! Yes, it's been a while since my last (non-sewing related) post, but what better way to come back to the blog than with a pledge? Marie at A Stitching Odyssey has initiated the vintage sewing pattern pledge, so I'm in: 

"In 2014, I, Alice Wang, will sew up at least three of my vintage sewing patterns". 

That's all well and good, but where on earth have you been? I hear you ask. Well, I'm pleased to say that a lot are changing in my life, for the better, of course. For starters, I'm starting a new job, and we are moving house for it! Selling up and trying to tie up loose ends have been stressful, and that's why I've taken a bit of a break from sewing and blogging, but I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. 

Anyway, back to sewing. Here's what's on my sewing blackboard, and the 3 vintage patterns that I'm planning on sewing this year (but if you've read the T&Cs you will see that I reserve my rights to change which patterns that I will use):
Compared to the last time I shared the blackboard with you, there were only 3 projects that I haven't yet finished. Not bad going, right?




I'm excited! I just LOVE vintage patterns. Yes, they are harder to fit, but they feel so special to work with. I can't wait to start. And to ease myself in, I'm pleased to say that I've already made myself a simple unlined jacket to introduce myself to the world of handmade jackets ("tailoring" to others). Once it's pressed and photographed, I will be sure to be back to share it with you. Until then, hope you are staying safe whatever the weather is where you are.  

4 comments:

  1. Hurray... good to have to back in the blogging world. Hope everything was ok since you last posted. I'm looking forward to seeing your pledge makes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything was fine, thanks :) Just been super busy in my life -- looking for a new job, looking for somewhere to move to, resigning from current job, buying a new house, selling our current house, etc etc! It was all happening at once! But I'm happy to be back for some serious sewing now. Watch this space!

      Delete
  2. Yay, thanks so much for joining in...we've missed you around these parts! I've added you to the Pinterest board - http://www.pinterest.com/stitchodyssey/vintage-sewing-pattern-pledge/. Also, I love that you have a blackboard for your projects..I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great idea, Marie! And not just an ordinary blackboard, but one that's made of rulers!! How fitting (no pun intended)!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment before you go ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...