Wednesday 6 February 2013

Liebster Award!

 
Before Christmas, Jen and Elena kindly nominated my blog for the Liebster Award. Hooray! This was the first ever blog award that I have received! I have finally got round to doing a blog post for this, and to pass on the award. 

Here are the answers to the 11 questions that Jen and Elena had set for me:
    1.What's the most rewarding thing about blogging, for you?
Being able to document my sewing adventures, and (can I have two “most” rewarding things?) truly feeling part of the lovely sewing community.
2. What's your favourite book?
Complete Sherlock Holmes (in English and Chinese – I’m not fussy)
3. Are you a morning person, or a night owl, and why?
Definitely a night owl, as I struggle to get up most mornings, but always seem to have too much to do every day to actually go to sleep.
4. What are you hoping Santa brings you this year?
Ah oh, I think I’ve managed to miss the window for this question!
5. What's your favourite food?
Chinese spicy hotpot (has anyone else tried it?)
 
6. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
I think I have taken inspiration from almost everyone that I have met/come across, for different things. I am quite easily influenced/swayed by others (read: very indecisive) and I do enjoy being inspired by everyone and everything.
7. What's your favourite TV programme?
I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that Desperate Housewives are finished for good, but I am slowly (cough) being drawn to the stunning series of Mad Men.
8. What's your favourite thing to do at the weekend?
Sewing of course.
9. Other than the current one, which era of history would you most like to have lived in?
That will depend on which part of the world I’d be living in, and honestly, history is not my strong suit.
10. How many languages do you speak?
Mandarin, English. I could just about sing, and understand singing, in Cantonese, and speak introductory French (by which I mean enough to get by so that I wouldn’t starve!)
11.Who would you most like to be trapped in a lift (elevator, for our non-English friends) with?
My best friends!
As part of the award, I must share 11 random facts about myself. So here they are:        
  1. I am a blue belt in taekwondo
  2. I have passed my driving test, but I am too afraid to actually drive.
  3. I am terrified of dogs (yes, even puppies)
  4. I was born in Beijing, back in the days when the air was a lot cleaner
  5. Sewing has not put a stop to my shopping, though it has changed what I would/would not buy – thankfully I have not learned to make shoes!
  6. I have never been a member of the gym for more than 3 weeks
  7. My face always (without fail) turns bright red once I have had a drink
  8. I used to be able to ride the unicycle, but when I got onto one about a year ago, I could no longer do it!
  9. I have never tweeted, or followed anyone/anything on twitter
  10. I can (sort of still) play the flute
  11. I have entered the prize draw for the Vienna New Year’s Day concert every year for the last few years, and am still waiting to win the privilege of being allowed to buy two tickets.

I would like to nominate the following blogs to pass on this Award:
I think all of the above qualify, as they have less than 200 followers, but I am not certain whether any of them has already received this award in the past. 
And the 11 questions that I would like to ask them:
1. What made you start your blog?
2. Favourite project so far?
3. When do you find the time to sew?
4. Favourite sewing pattern?
5.Are you a self-taught seamstress or have you taken any classes?
6. How long have you been sewing?
7. Favourite place in the world?
8. What's your favourite food?
9. What/who inspires you?
10. Favourite pastime, other than sewing and blogging?
11. How many languages do you speak?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Alice! I finally got around to posting my answers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, Helen! I'm really pleased that you have taken part! x

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Leave a comment before you go ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...