Phew, I am very pleased to report that I have completed the bolero which will keep me (or at least my arms) warm for the winter wedding next Saturday. I have a complete outfit now!
I used Butterick 4731, view B with the long sleeves from view A. It was very simple, and only required a petite adjustment for the sleeves.
It is fully lined - I used the same crepe backed satin for the jacket, and as tempting as it was to buy some faux fur for the lining, I opted for this beautiful viscose lining. I just love the delicate print!
I cut a size 6, and it fitted really well. I'm so glad that I found this pattern - I was on the hunt for a decent bolero pattern for quite a long time, but this one finally won me over with its simple design. The instruction was super easy to follow, and changing the sleeves was also simple enough. All in all it took me less than a day to complete, and I'm very pleased with the outcome.
With my outfit sorted, I am really looking forward to the wedding now. Before then though, I still have a little bit left to do on the bride's bolero - I've used the same (tried and tested) pattern, so we'll have matching boleros on the day!